If you are bored with your Xolo Q800 and it's age old Android 4.2.1 Jellybean OS, It's high time now to give your old phone a whole new look with the best available ROM for your phone, so let's begin!
MIUI V6 5.5.1 Android 4.4.2 Kitkat based Custom ROM for Xolo Q800/Fly IQ446:
>pure kitkat base miui v6
>brilliant display and visuals.
>only single sim is 3g supported( Xolo q800 hardware supports 3g on sim 1 only)
>good cam quality
>good ram management
>good battery backup
>nice icon look
>it has inbuilt viper
>both cameras work perfectly
>MIUI email works
>All features of MIUI 6 works
>The phone memory and SD card shows up correctly
>Proximity sensor is sometimes too sensitive.( You can correct this by cleaning the proximity sensor located beside your earpiece on top, when you get too frequent screen flashing while calling. You can also turn off the proximity sensor while on call and manually turn the screen on and off by pressing the power button. However cleaning the sensor has totally fixed that problem for me. Now proximity sensor is working fine for me.)
I have encountered no other bug so far. If you detect another bug please post it as a comment.
Download MIUI V6 Latest ROM( 5.5.1) for XOLO Q800 or IQ 446:
HOW TO FLASH OR INSTALL THIS ROM?
Method 1:( If you already have a version of MIUI 6 ROM installed on your XOLO Q800)
1. Download the zip file and put it in your SD Card.
2. Go to MIUI 6 updates and tap the 3 dots button on the upper right corner.
3. Select the option to install from update package and navigate to the zip file in your SD card.
4. The phone will now restart in recovery mod and install this ROM automatically over your previous MIUI 6. You will NOT LOSE and data, Apps, savegames, etc that you had in your previous MIUI 6!
Method 1:( If you have any other ROM installed on your XOLO Q800 or no custom ROM at all - stock version)
1. Flash a recovery like TWRP or CWM( I recommend TWRP). Ignore this step if you have TWRP recovery.
Click HERE for the easiest way to root your phone and flash TWRP.
2. Reboot the phone in recovery mode.( Switch of the phone and then hold the volume up button and lock button together until the teamwin Logo appears, to enter recovery mode.)
3. Tap on "wipe" and then wipe Dalik Cache, Cache, Data( Internal Storage) and System.
4. When wiping is done, return to TWRP home and press the install button.
5. Navigate to the downloaded zip file on your SD card and flash that.
6. When successfully done, reboot your system.
All done! congrats! your XOLO Q800 is successfully running MIUI 6 latest version!
*Note that no kernel is to be flashed with this ROM. This ROM alredy has a good kernel. And also, please don't flash any other patch zip with this ROM.
TESTED ON: XOLO Q800.
credits: charan poturaju For Sharing this ROM.